History of St Michaels Garage
Established in 1976 by David Ferrett, today St Michaels Garage is a father and son run business, with son James now playing an integral role alongside David. Not only that, our team is made up of highly experienced salesmen, who between them have been consistently serving our customers for nearly 140 years!
After more than forty years of trading, the company is still located at the original St Michaels Road site and has also grown to include the additional Millen Road site - both located in Sittingbourne, Kent.
With an inherent passion for motor vehicles, David Ferrett began learning his trade in the 1970s at a local dealership in Maidstone, where he was a car washer and trainee salesman.
- 1976-1982 Armed with only a Mini 1275 GT and a Triumph Stag, David began trading in pre-owned motor cars.
- 1983 Continued expansion allowed David to purchase the St Michaels Road site in Sittingbourne, stocking 20 cars along with a BP forecourt and a theatre to the west side.
- 1984 The longest serving team member, Richard Pearson joined the team, our most experienced valeter!
- 1991 Overtook the BP forecourt and stock increased to around 100 cars.
- 1992 The Millen Road site was taken on, at this stage, as a service centre and preparation site.
- 2004 Sharing his father’s passion for exceptional motor vehicles, David’s son James Ferrett joined the team. Since this time James has also established the Millen Road site as a proper retail outlet, and is the main buyer of our stock.
- Current day - with increased retail stock at Millen Road, the company has now grown to stock 200 retail cars.
- We’re looking forward to seeing what the future holds for St Michaels Garage.